Six Steps in the Personal Financial Planning Process
In my dealings with both personal and corporate clients I follow the six steps below
1. Establishing and defining the relationship between the client and the personal financial planner.
2. Gathering client data and determining goals and
3. Analysing and evaluating the client’s financial
4. Developing and presenting the financial
5. Implementing the financial planning
6. Monitoring the financial plan and the financial planning relationship.
The International Standard ISO 22222:2005
(Personal Financial Planning: requirements for personal financial planners)